Safety & Training SpecialistBack
Posted: April 27, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The Safety and Training Specialist will be responsible for implementing methods to improve safety and environmental sustainability through investigation, design, processes, and systems. Key duties will involve supporting the safety, training, and environmental systems through obtaining and analyzing data, preparing calculations, diagrams, charts, reports, etc. Investigate incidents and make recommendations for solutions/improvements. Solutions will be analyzed to consider cost, quality, and expedience. Leadership and management of recommended solutions as needed. Participates in the development of training programs and execution as required for employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support of safety, training, and environmental management system at Stupp corporation
- Both onsite and off site support as scheduled
- Development and implementation of recommendations to improve risk management and reduce incidents and injuries.
- Develops solutions to repetitive incidents using established engineering techniques, principles, and statistical analysis.
- Works closely with Operations and Maintenance to performs investigation
- Works with Engineering teams to ensure that assets are put into operational status in proper condition with adequate risk management and preparation.
- Collaborates with staff and management at all levels throughout Company to apply best practices; interacts with Consultants and other outside resources as necessary to support and improve loss control.
- Assists in setting required training and standards.
- Performs Other Duties as Needed.
- Preference for Undergraduate Degree from an Accredited University.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Relevant experience in safety and training related functions
- Recognized certifications in scope of work
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulatory requirements for heavy industrial environments
- Possesses working knowledge of operations and maintenance activities.
- Has working knowledge of mechanical or electrical systems
- Demonstrates problem solving ability
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates planning and organizational skills, with ability to develop and execute plan and achieve strategic goals
- Has knowledge of continuous improvement systems or processes; practical hands-on experience a plus
- Demonstrates computer proficiency; ability to adapt to new programs quickly
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and off site. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158