Posted: November 7, 2016
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Converts data from specifications and statements of problems to computer code by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consults with manager, other programmer/analysts, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designs or writes program specifications based on consultations with manager, other programmer/analysts, and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications.
- Designs and codes layouts for on-screen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Writes and maintains technical and user documentation for all program modifications and new development.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs.
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Trains technical support staff to use and support applications.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S. Degree in Information Systems Decision Support or other appropriate IS related degree with three years experience or non-degree with five years experience involving but not limited to the following: Oracle and MS SQL Relational Database Management Systems utilizing SQL and XML languages. .Net compliant Object Oriented Programing languages such as VB.Net and C#.Net. Web Browser technologies such as HTML, ASP.Net and Java Script. Capable of utilizing ODBC data sources. Development of Oracle Views, Triggers and PL/SQL. Prepare and maintain Technical and End User Documentation.
Good technical and non-technical verbal and written communications.
Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to climb stairs and move about an industrial manufacturing plant. Job will require the lifting and placement of computer hardware and tools, viewing monitor screens, reading manuals, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment includes typical office areas and a heavy industrial manufacturing plant. Characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 774-9158