Posted: April 27, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
This position is responsible for the purchase of assigned MRO (maintenance, repair, and operating) and other indirect materials, equipment, supplies and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and process in a timely manner.
- Prepare requests for quote; evaluate and select prospective suppliers based on products, capabilities, and performance in quality, delivery and cost; solicit and analyze supplier quotations.
- Determine most appropriate sourcing to meet overall specification, quality, cost, and delivery needs. Negotiate with suppliers, as appropriate.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders with complete and accurate terms and conditions.
- Work closely with end users and warehouse personnel to establish and maintain appropriate inventory, lot sizes, and reorder points.
- Organizes, updates and maintains product and supplier information and transaction records for assigned items.
- Reduce total cost of acquisition/ownership through review and analysis of demand, availability, supplier capabilities, performance improvement, and effective negotiation.
- Assist in resolution of quality, delivery and invoicing issues, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years purchasing or other relevant experience.
- ISM and/or APICS certification desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within and across company departments and with supply base.
- Self-starter; manages time effectively in fast-paced environment with critical time lines/deadlines.
- Analytical, problem solving, and effective negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and MRP/ERP systems preferred.
- Write and speak clearly and concisely.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Includes both typical office setting and heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158