Human Resources AssistantBack
Posted: April 27, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate files to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Greets scheduled visitors and escorts to appropriate area or person.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- Administers aptitude, personality, and skills tests.
- Assists with employee benefit administration.
- Assists with new employee orientations.
- Processes employment applications.
- Schedules and coordinates pre-employment screenings (physicals, background checks and drug screens).
- Tracks applicants for Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assists in maintaining Bargaining Unit employee data in HRIS.
- Organizes and maintains file systems, and correspondence files and other records.
- Records and communicates to appropriate personnel employee information such as personal data, benefits, tax data, attendance, and changes of status.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Reviews Employee Qualification Records and Training Records.
- Assists with maintenance of hourly employee attendance records.
- Assists with union grievances and disciplinary records.
- Completion of special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Monitors submittal of probationary evaluations and training evaluations on Bargaining Unit employees.
- Coordinates advertisements (company website, LA Works, job fairs, etc.) for job openings.
- Maintains good communication and positive work relationships with Mill Managers, Supervisors and employees to promote positive work environment and employee satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates degree or High School diploma. B.S. /B.A. degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, experience with HRIS preferred
- Previous HR experience preferred
- Strong skills in interpersonal communications, writing, and organization
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgement
- Strong customer service ability
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
Must be able to sit for extended periods and operate a PC, stoop, bend, file records, use a telephone and other general office equipment, and be able to ambulate to offices throughout the mill to fulfill work assignments. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and offsite. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158