Posted: May 2, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Responsible for understanding the principles behind design of API 5L pipeline and API 5CT casing material manufactured by high frequency welding (HFW) and Double Submerged Arc Welding (SAWH) methods. Manages daily activities associated with specification conformance and mill capabilities to produce casing or pipe in HFW and SAWH mills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Conducts specification reviews as necessary, to include extensive involvement with all processes in accordance with general mill limitations, material selection, product verification, material vendor interaction, forming, welding, inspection, testing, coating, shipping, and right of way processes; control of nonconforming product, corrective and preventative actions, statistical analysis, and providing problem-solving services.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies, both manufacturing and personnel.
- Monitors production for specification conformance and offers testing (non-destructive and mechanical) feedback to Operations personnel and management.
- Reporting and interaction with customers and 3rd party representatives.
- Defect analysis, including root cause and reporting.
- Conducts welder parameter tracking and analysis.
- Performs metallography of defects and analysis of grain structure.
- Controls spending and operates within specified budget.
- Responsible for material loss reporting (production and steel-vendor related).
- Collaborates on and protects the Company’s interest concerning national and international standards affecting all products and standard-related specifications.
- Oversees Customer Service and Field Nonconformance issues.
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Welding Engineering, or Mathematics, or related field; minimum 3 years’ experience in pipe manufacturing or 5 years relevant management experience; related work experience with metallurgical principles involved in HFW and SAWH processes desired.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and/or certifications in NDT methods (UT, RT, PT, MT)
- Knowledge of mechanical testing (spectrometer, hardness, tensile, charpy, impact).
- Strong working knowledge of API 5L, API Q1, and other API and ISO quality systems; chemistry; measurement & testing; ultrasonic principles & personnel certification, visual inspection techniques, pressure testing requirements & material behavior; destructive testing requirements; analysis; equipment calibration.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities for pre- and post-evaluation of problems, processes, specifications, and data analysis.
- Ability to see trends and identify causes of unacceptable product.
- Strong mathematical and statistical ability for evaluation of data, including Excel and Minitab.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership abilities and experience.
Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and offsite. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158