MRO Warehouse SupervisorBack
Posted: April 27, 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
The MRO Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the overall operational performance of the MRO Spares and Supplies inventory and associated warehouse facilities. This position will help create and execute the strategic and tactical direction to drive optimization of inventory levels and space utilization, as well as improve order fill rates, customer satisfaction, and total cost performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist company efforts to develop and implement strategies and initiatives to optimize receiving, warehouse, and internal distribution operations in terms of cost, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Effectively support daily production operations, as well as predictive, preventive, and reactive/emergency maintenance projects.
- Identify areas of performance opportunity; develop, maintain and leverage appropriate metrics, tools and best practices to effect continuous improvement in ordering and inventory practices.
- Conduct and document physical inventories, cycle counts, service level assessments, and Warehouse facility audits to ensure safety, security and inventory accuracy.
- Effectively utilize and maintain the integrity of relevant inventory and information management systems.
- Accumulate, synthesize, analyze, and transform data into meaningful improvement plans.
- Interact effectively at all levels of the organization; work closely with and positively influence key stakeholder groups, including Purchasing, Maintenance, Operations, Loss Control, Continuous Improvement, Quality, and Accounting.
- Appropriately staff, schedule, supervise, and manage the performance of bargaining unit employees to meet site demands.
- Develop and maintain needed competencies in the Warehouse team through coaching and training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply, Operations Management or related field.
- 5+ years warehouse/inventory-related and/or relevant experience.
- Experience in collective bargaining environment desirable.
- Experience with spares/maintenance inventory in high-capital, process industry desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter and results-driven
- Organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems preferred
- Process improvement
- Project management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to move freely about the facilities and grounds, climb stairs, and spend time in a heavy equipment mill environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Includes both typical office setting and heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Please email, fax or mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
12555 Ronaldson Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Fax: (225) 778-2158